Wednesday, June 24, 2009

More Bromoil

Continuing with my post from yesterday, here are two more of the bromoil prints I did yesterday. It really is a marvelous process. I'd like to thank Gene Laughter, probably today's preeminent bromoilist in the US, along with Derek Watkins. Gene's work is what inspired me to attempt the process in the first place, and I can only hope to be half as good as he is.

Copper Canyon, Mexico


The next shot is one which I will be printing again and again until I'm sure I'm satisfied. It's not there yet but it has potential. Shot on my old family farm in central Pennsylvania, this Ford tractor was one of the first mechanical devices I ever learned to drive. The shed in the background was a tool shed that had blacksmithing tools going back 100 years. All gone now. The farm is well on it's way to being a housing development.


The Cocklin farm, circa 1998

That's it for now. I'm off to the darkroom/bathroom to make some more prints so's I can get to bleaching. I'm hooked.

2 comments: