Sunday, August 15, 2010

Lottery for the Arts

Well, it's been a while since my last post. I've done a little shooting, developing and printing, mostly Lith prints, but working 80 hours a week has gotten in the way of photography for the last 9 months. It's my first multi-day-off span since last September, and I thought I'd post a print that is being donated for the Lottery of the Arts being held at the Blue Line Gallery, run by the Roseville Arts Association. This is the 2nd year for Lottery for the Arts; I donated a lith print last year shot up in Bodie, CA.
This year's print was shot in the Alabama Hills, on the eastern slopes of the Sierra, just west of Lone Pine, CA. Also a lith print, this was toned in selenium, then gold. I was pleased to see that the gold toning did what I thought it would do, and gave the sky a slightly blue cast. The result is a black and white print with a little bit of color to it. The cool tones brought on by the selenium and gold also work, I think, for the stones and the mountains.




More info on the Lottery for the Arts can be found here or at www.rosevillearts.org

Gonna do some shooting and printing this week, to take full advantage of my vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment